2004 Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design Emphasis
Southeast Missouri State University
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
2022-Present Freelance Artist Graphic Design and Marketing Assistant
• Poster Designs, Icons for website, logo design and oversea the printing process. • Designing animated gifs to promote events throughout the season.
• Maintaining a printed and digital file storage for promotions
• Restructuring the digital file folders from past years to increase the speed of
productivity when using the files as a reference.
• Maintain Facebook and share information such as events
• Assisting with the proofing and formatting of meeting notes to ensure clarity for others.
2021-2022 Director of Communications and Promotions
Union United Methodist Church Irmo, SC
• Website Updates i.e. Bulletins every Sunday, new and upcoming events, place career
opportunities online, report weather closings, maintain and create forms on the website as well as building google forms, create QR codes for sites
• Maintain Facebook and Instagram and share information such as events
• Attend Staff Meetings weekly
• 2 or more Bulletins weekly; Gather Information, Prepare and Print • 2 Weekly Email Blast thru Constant Contact and Print for mailings • Design/Prepare and print inserts for bulletins
• Monthly Updates on Media Campaigns and Outlets
• Monthly Newsletters
• Send out Press Releases for events
• Design/Prepare and Print; Posters, Postcards, Brochures, Logo Designs, T-Shirt Design, Booklets
• Ordering Paper and Printer Supplies
• Bids for Signs
• Campaigns for Funding
2017-2021 Freelance Artist and Stay at home Mother
• Poster Designs, Icons for website, logo design proof of printing process.• Painted Murals for The American International School of Muscat and the American British Academy.
• Design and Maintain my website imblessed.net
2015- Assistant to the Athletic Director
2017 The American International School of Muscat, Oman
• Designing Logos, Posters, Flyers and Directional Maps for Athletic Events, keeping it cohesive to the event.
• Scheduling After School Activities for 250+ Students in 20+ activities using Google forms and excel spread sheets
• Obtaining Visa’s for traveling students to India, Nepal and Sri Lanka,
• Assisted in the planning of in house SAISA Events (10+ schools 300+ Students, gathering to participate in a sporting event)
• Maintaining files, photos in Google drive.
2013- Middle School Assistant to the Principal
2015 The American International School of Muscat, Oman
• Designing Logos, Posters, Flyers and Newsletters for the Middle School.
• Scheduling Mini Courses for 180+ Students in 20+ activities using Google forms and excel spread sheets
• Assisted in the scheduling and planning of parent/teacher conferences.
• Maintaining the day-to-day office routine. i.e. Keeping a good rapport with parents, students and staff.
• Maintaining files, printing report cards and semester evaluations.
2011- Ad Designer
Southeast Missourian, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
• Designing ads for Southeast Missourian Newspaper and other publications and SEMissourian.com on-line advertisement.
2011 Assistant to Realtor and Freelance Artist
• Complete reorganization: two years of files into file folders and cabinet; handling all advertising: flyers, website, maintaining QR codes; creating word documents, scanning and sending attachment via e-mail.
2009- Owner and Operator
2010 A Creative Cake, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
• Creating custom sculpted and painted cakes for the Tri-State Area, which includes Missouri, Illinois and Tennessee.
• Website developer and maintenance of
• Designer of a marketing package containing flyers, business forms, decal for company vehicle and business cards.
• Account executive- Using QuickBooks Pro I maintain all customer and business accounts in compliance to the Missouri tax code.• Upheld a high standard of customer service.
• Established a business marketing strategy and operational schedule.
2009 Marketing Manager
Southeast Missouri State University’s River Campus, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
• Serving as publicist and marketing manager for University-produced performances and touring shows as well as visual arts events presented at the River Campus and other venues in the Southeast Missouri region
• Developed and implement a short- and long-term strategy and plan for the River Campus, including objectives, tactics, timelines, and estimated expenses in coordination with the University’s integrated marketing initiative
• Prepare copy for upcoming events for use by University Advancement and appropriate media outlets
• Produce professional quality artwork, designs and layouts for publicity purposes
• Promote the sale of tickets for season series, program and season sponsorships and performances and program advertising
• Prepare printed programs for all performances
• Purchase advertising (newspaper, television, radio, etc) within established campaign parameters
• Maintain records of all sales and expenditures
• Oversee training, scheduling and work assignments for student workers and volunteers
2007 Ad Designer
Southeast Missourian, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
• Designing ads for Southeast Missourian Newspaper, Dollar Stretcher.
2007- Graphic Arts Technician
Crain Enterprises, Mound City, Illinois
• Designing ads, banners, brochures, catalog, product photography, company newsletters, monthly and mid-month mailings, winfax ads and animated presentations.
2005 Ad Composition
Delta News-Citizen, Malden, MO
• Designing ads for many companies, and overseeing distribution of papers.
Self-Employed Professional Art Experience
2005- Freelance Artist Self-Employed
• Designing business cards, brochures, flyers and mailings for local business.
2004 Freelance Artist Thomas Melvin Painting Studio, Chicago, IL
• Painted Mural on Cape Girardeau, MO Floodwall
2004 Internship Bruton/Stroube Studio, St. Louis, MO
• Performed digital editing and in studio and on location photography work
2003 Freelance Artist McDonald's Corporation
• Artwork purchased for McDonald's Corporate Collection
1999- Designer Hartwick Photography, Campbell, MO
•Performed digital editing and retouching black and white/color overlay
•Designed layout for senior pictures